Community Adult Learning Program (CALP)
Portage College CALP
What we do
- Led by trained educators, faculty work with adults who want to upgrade their reading, writing, math, computer, or English Language skills to improve their daily lives.
- Learners can either come to CALP with their own goals, or work with CALP staff to set and move towards a goal.
- Learners can work with our staff in small groups or one-on-one, and can work towards both short-term or long-term goals.
Areas of support include- Adult educational classes
- English and Mathematics classes
- English Language Learning
- Studying for GED or IELTS and so much more.
- Basic Computer Skills, such as email
- Literacy for Daily Living, such as filling out forms or applications
Our service region
Portage College CALP oversees sites in these northeastern Alberta communities:
- Cold Lake First Nations
- Elk Point
- Frog Lake First Nations
- Kehewin Cree Nation
- St. Paul
- Whitefish Lake First Nation #128
- Heart Lake First Nation
How Are Services Offered
Group, 1 on 1, Phone, Virtual
Adult classes in Literacy, English, Math, GED prep, Computer Skills and English Language Learning (ELL)
Bonnyville & District Centennial Centre 4313 50 Ave Phone 780-815-4432 Elk Point Municipal Library 5123 50 Ave. Phone: 780-724-3737 St. Paul Portage College Campus 5205 50 Ave Phone: 587-252-4599
4313 50 Ave, Bonnyville AB, T9N 0B4